Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Friday, November 26, 2010

Day 19 - Bowl and Vase (Give)

We spent our Thanksgiving Day with Melissa's family.  At the last minute before leaving our house, I was looking for something to take along with us to give to some unsuspecting family member.  I pulled a bowl out of our kitchen and a matching vase out of a cupboard and asked for my wife's approval.  She said, "Dee gave us those for our anniversary one year, you know...."  She paused, looked at my face and then continued, "I know: we can't keep everything." 

Dee was the secretary at the last church I served as youth pastor.  I may be wrong, but in my experience there are only two types of church secretaries:  Angels and Demons!  Dee was definitely an Angel type.  She held that church office together and enabled the ministry of the church to go forward on a daily basis. 

The set got split up just after dessert and before the families scattered:  Aunt Sandy took one piece and Aunt Debbie took the other.

And, Dee, if you should happen to ever read this, please know that we got quite a bit of use out of that bowl.  Not so much out of the vase... my wife hardly ever buys me flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment