Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Sunday, January 7, 2024

SHARPENING IRON

As I am trying to get a solid start on 2024, one unfinished project is on my hit list and it relates to this blog and my daily writing habit. 

Over 20 months ago, I set up my own website, gave it a name, and paid for it. My intent was to migrate all the posts from here at blogspot to my own domain.

I was motivated by two thoughts:

1) I had read that blogspot was not the safest place to keep my material. In essence, it was possible - though not probable - that someday everything I ever wrote here could disappear. 

That would definitely bum me out. But my greater motivation for starting my own website was the fact that ...

2) It's not easy for visitors to leave comments on blogspot. 

I know I would get even more value out of writing here if it were easier to gather feedback. 

I want to know what others think. Especially if I have some blindspot in my own belief system.  

I mentioned today from the pulpit the usefulness of considering my collection of various Christian beliefs to be a "rough draft" which is still under revision. Couldn't we better serve each other as "iron sharpening iron" if we had a platform where we could bring our current thoughts and insights into dialogue with other thoughtful believers?

So what has prevented my move to the new website? 

It's good old inertia complicated by a lack of technical know-how. Blogspot's advantage is that it is incredibly user-friendly on the backside. The new website might be just as easy, but it's unfamiliar.

The funny thing is, I know I could start the transition tomorrow if I would just be willing to start it as a rough draft ...

I will keep you posted. Perhaps this could soon become more of a 2-way conversation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment