Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Thursday, January 4, 2024

ALL SYSTEMS GO

I once read about a study that showed anyone keeping a messy, disorganized workspace added an extra 3 hours to his work week. 

Who knows how a study could measure such a thing, but it certainly sounds plausible. The rationale is that such an environment wastes the workers time in unnecessary distraction as well as constant searching for something amid the various piles.

Knowing one of my major goals for 2024 is to write a dissertation, I figured a good cleaning of my home office was step #1. 

After all, without a system in place, a goal is just wishful thinking. 

So not only was I dusting and decluttering over the past two days, I was also devising new systems to replace old, inefficient ones. 

These systems aren't visible in the photos, but they are there, under the surface. 

By the end of January, I will know what's working and what needs tweaking. 

It feels like foundational progress and a good start to the new year. 






No comments:

Post a Comment