Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Sunday, January 21, 2024

24 HOURS

24 hours ago, my alarm went off: 3:00 AM.

4:10 AM - Call time for Sarah and the rest of the show choir at the high school.

4:40 AM - Three busses roll out toward Anderson High School, 90 minutes away. I am driving the equipment truck. Melissa is by my side.

8:30 AM - Sarah's first performance. They did great.

3:30 PM - Sarah's second performance.

From here on out, it is a blur. I try several times to find a quiet, comfortable place to nap. The floor of a classroom is only intermittently quiet and not comfortable at all.

6:00 PM - It is confirmed that both of Sarah's groups have made it into finals. It will be a late night. 

7:30 PM and 10:00 PM - Sarah performs again.

Midnight - Winners are announced. Both of Sarah's groups win First Runner Up. The students are pretty happy with the outcome. 

1:00 AM - I think - We are ready to drive back home.

3:00 AM - Melissa, Sarah, and I walk back into our house. The dogs are jubilant.

3:05 AM - I write this for the blog because ... habit. (I must write something!)

Tomorrow, I will add some photos. But too bleary eyed to do it now. Praying tomorrow's preaching doesn't suffer too greatly! Service starts in about 7 hours!


No comments:

Post a Comment