Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Thursday, January 4, 2024

REFLECTION

I've done plenty of New Year's resolutions in the past, but this year I am stepping into new territory and doing some year end review first.

Although I have never done it intentionally, the value of reflecting on the year that has just passed now strikes me as being quite obvious.

I like Sahil Bloom's ideas for a "Personal Annual Review". It includes the following 7 questions:

  1. What did I change my mind on this year?
  2. What created energy this year?
  3. What drained energy this year?
  4. Who were the boat anchors in my life? (These are people who "hold you back from your potential".)
  5. What did I not do because of fear?
  6. What were my greatest hits and worst misses this year?
  7. What did I learn this year?

It feels like some time spent meditating on these questions would provide an excellent foundation for developing goals and dreams for 2024. 

Would you agree?

If you are interested in a little more background and a nicely formatted document in which to do your own reflecting on 2023, you can download Bloom's template at sahilbloom.com/annual-review.

No comments:

Post a Comment