Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Saturday, August 13, 2022

GIVING AND GETTING

For the last ten months I have been working at meeting with some other guys from church on a weekly basis for Bible study. It has been difficult to start a group and equally difficult to build it. 

Guys are busy. They often commit early on and then quickly fade away. And brotherhood is simply not instantaneous.

I think there are spiritual forces working against anyone seeking to develop a habit of weekly spiritual conversations. I feel it in myself even. I don't really look forward to meeting with the guys until it is under way and then I think, "This is awesome". 

The Apostle Paul wrote to the Romans about his desire to get together with them face to face:
"I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong - that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith." (Romans 1:11-12)

There is something truly beautiful for me in meeting together with brothers in Christ on a regular basis. 

I give and I get. 

No comments:

Post a Comment