Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Wednesday, August 10, 2022

HANDS-ON EDUCATION

Even though I am not with the kids and teachers heading back to school this month, I have been on a steep learning curve of my own.

Ministry among the poor of this world is like so many other things in life: there are a million ways to do it wrong and a handful of ways to do it right. I joined the Mission Resource team last January because I felt Mission Resource was doing it right. 

So I have spent the last few months asking questions, watching my boss work, and reading everything I can get my hands on about meeting the financial needs of the poor. As I have been reading Banker to the Poor, Created to Flourish, and From Dependence to Dignity, I am more convinced than ever that Mission Resource is on the right track. And doing essential Kingdom-building work.

In the next few weeks, God willing, I will get firsthand experience with our partners and clients in Ghana. It will be like moving from a textbook to the lab.(So much more fun!) And, I expect, an even steeper learning curve.  

I would appreciate your prayers as we finalize travel plans for early September. I am a little nervous because my passport is in the mail right now on its way to the Ghana Embassy for a travel visa. (The embassy is in Little Rock, Arkansas of all places!)

And it looks like I will finally need to stop procrastinating on getting a Covid shot if I want to be certain I can enter Ghana without hassle. 


No comments:

Post a Comment