Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Monday, January 3, 2022

LET'S GROW UP

 I met about twenty classmates today face to face for the first time. (We have shared Zoom meetings since October, but that is nothing like talking in person.) 

We spent the day with Dr. Matt Friedeman, discussing the church's obligation to serve the poor in our communities and around the world.

Lots to digest. A very good day. 

Dr. Friedeman used a phrase that I want to record here so that I don't lose it: he spoke of two times in his life when he was in the presence of true men of God. He was so in awe of the godliness, wisdom, and humility of their words and actions that he was left feeling like merely a "boy of God".

It seems to me our churches today are filled primarily with boys and girls of God. 

Too few men and women of God.

As for me, I want to keep growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment