Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Tuesday, January 4, 2022

CAN'T SHAKE IT

I am anxious to start my new work when I return to Indiana after my classes end on Friday. But I am not sure I will be able to shake the concern I have for the students I am leaving behind. And I am doubly unsure that I OUGHT to try. 

Discipline among the students was a mess. And by discipline I mean everything from classroom conduct to work ethic to study habits. 

The issues are not solvable in the classroom and while the problem manifests itself in the classroom, the problem is much bigger than the school. 

This is a community-level problem.

And it needs to be addressed by the community. As a newly former teacher, maybe I am now in a unique position to get a ball rolling.

I don't know what that looks like, but I am praying. 


1 comment:

  1. I read this essay recently. I'm curious to know what you would think about it.

    https://www.pccs.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/LostToolsOfLearning-DorothySayers.pdf

    ReplyDelete