Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Thursday, January 6, 2022

GRATEFUL

Ten years ago, as we were preparing to move our family to Haiti, my mom found an opportunity monthly to pull me aside to voice some new objection. 

It was usually something she was certain I had not thought through.

My favorite was this one: "You do remember that you have children, right?"

I understand, of course, that this was born of a grandmother's concern for the safety of her grandchildren. 

I only wish I could show her now what an incredibly positive impact Haiti had on our children - their characters, their values, and their faith. 

Even if there was nothing else gained beyond this*, I wouldn't trade our time in Haiti for all the riches in the world. 


* There was plenty else gained - for us, the families we served, and the Kingdom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment