Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Saturday, January 29, 2022

LEARNING

At the moment I find myself on a steep learning curve. I am reading books and listening to podcasts every spare moment. All for the sake of my new role with Mission Resource International.

And I am loving it.

I am studying how to write copy for advertisements in print or email. Exploring ways to optimize websites and utilize social media. And even reading up on the history of fertilizer.*

I used to tell my 8th graders that it was a fact that they enjoyed learning. They loudly protested such an idea, of course. 

Then I would say, "I said LEARNING, not schooling." 

When we have an interest in something and can see its usefulness, the act of learning becomes indistinguishable from play

____________________________

* Later I will explain the use for this. The book I am reading is called The Alchemy of Air by Thomas Hager. I am not yet halfway through it, but I recommend it, especially if you have interests in both science and history. It even has a Hitler angle to it! Go figure.


No comments:

Post a Comment