Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Tuesday, May 25, 2021

WRITER'S ADHD

Since January 1st, I haven't experienced any "writer's block" like I anticipated. If anything, I seem to have writer's ADHD when it comes to these daily blog posts - and I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. 

Sometimes I spend 2 or 3 evenings exploring a single topic, but mostly I hop from one topic to the next. Sometimes I start on a topic thinking "an entire book could be written on this!" and then I get distracted the very next night and move on. 

I have two more days of school and then a few months of freedom. It remains to be seen if more time will equal deeper dives. 

I hope to find the time and energy to study - and write about - what the Bible teaches regarding gossip, slander, grumbling, self-righteousness, repentance, the Kingdom, eternal life, and hell, among other things.

I would also like to explore a biblical perspective on cognitive biases, metaphysics, and metacognition. And I realize that all of that sounds like "heady" stuff, but I think a biblical understanding of these things could be profoundly practical. 

And I'm only using the fancy, technical terms because they exist and make me sound smart:

  • Cognitive biases = how the human brain is wired, for better or worse.
  • Metaphysics = the nature of reality and how in touch with the deepest aspects of reality we are.
  • Metacognition = thinking about how we think.

In the meantime ... Here's to the last two days of the school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment