Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Saturday, May 22, 2021

PATIENCE

We had a wonderful day today - our niece Lauren got married. 

Here's the happy couple at the reception:

And here's my brother Spencer doing the Father/Daughter dance with Lauren:

   

It really got me thinking - Melissa and I MIGHT be just a few years away from such a scene in our own family. Not that any of our kids is currently on a fast-track towards marriage, but three of the four are college age now and who knows what the next couple of years could bring.

I suspect I will be one of those rare fathers who is overly-emotional at each of his kids' weddings. I won't be able to hold it together. 

I've known parents who push, push, push for their kids to get married and start families, but, for me, time is already moving way too quickly, so I am in no rush to see that day. 

It will come soon enough.

In the meantime, Melissa and I are enjoying this new stage in our family's life - having children who are young adults. 

Here's a family shot from before the ceremony, courtesy of my brother, Russ:


And, since Mother's Day passed without me getting a photo of Melissa with the kids, I took the opportunity at the reception to make sure I snapped one: 



One last thought that occurred to me in the midst of my niece's wedding festivities today: While I am patiently awaiting my own kids' wedding days, I might want to start figuring out a way to earn a little extra money ...



No comments:

Post a Comment