Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

THE NEXT SENDING

"Then Jesus said to his disciples, 'The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.'" (Matt 9:37-38) 

When I reflect on God's sending my family to Haiti in 2013, several aspects of that sending stand out years later: 

  • It was out of the blue.
  • We hesitated - briefly - to say "yes".
  • The sending was to Melissa and me and the family equally.
  • It was scary and way out of our comfort zone.
  • It was confirmed in multiple ways.
  • It took two years to launch.
  • God surrounded us with an incredible group of people to support us as we were sent.
  • The field we were sent to brought us greater joy than we ever anticipated.

As I consider the future and as I (somewhat) patiently await God's next "sending", I can't help wondering in what ways the next might resemble the first. 


No comments:

Post a Comment