Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Monday, May 17, 2021

SEND ME

I am struggling to understand why the Lord allowed us to be sidelined. We sacrificed so much to move our family to Haiti and we LOVED the people there and we LOVED living there. It was good Kingdom work.

These lines from Matthew keep running through my head: "Then Jesus said to his disciples, 'The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.'" (Matt 9:37-38) 

The "harvest field" is anywhere there are lost people who need to hear the gospel, anywhere extra hands are needed to advance God's will. And I have no doubt that the workers continue to this day to be "few". 

But here I am - more than happy to be put to good use in Kingdom work - and I'm sidelined. 

Ready to go, but idling.

And the only thing I know to do right now is to keep praying what Jesus commanded: Lord, send out workers into your harvest field. 

(And let me be one of them.)

Maybe some day I will understand what this was all about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment