Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Friday, May 28, 2021

STRUGGLING

I am struggling a bit tonight. Tomorrow is Samuel's graduation from North High School and I should be excited and happy. But our plan for years had been that Samuel would be graduating from Cap-Haitien Christian School along with his friends, Brandon, Frantz and Fabio. 

Instead, Brandon, Frantz and Fabio gathered tonight 1,500 miles away from here to celebrate their graduation with a special dinner with their families and teachers ... and we were not a part of it. Tomorrow morning those three guys will receive diplomas in Haiti and Samuel will receive his in Columbus, Indiana. 

And it just doesn't feel right at all.

Let me be transparent here. I thought I had done a pretty good job of forgiving certain individuals and a particular organization for sidelining us this past year, but tonight ... tonight I am full of anger and sadness. 

I don't like how I am feeling at all. I am going to bed and I am hoping things will look better in the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment