Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Thursday, May 13, 2021

BROKEN STREAK

I accidentally broke my streak last night, but only because I forgot to hit the "Publish" button when I finished writing. Every night since January 1st I have written and posted something here. (Though sometimes it was after midnight.) 

Early on, I worried that if I ever broke my streak, it might dishearten me from continuing. But at this point the writing is a daily habit and one I enjoy AND find personally useful.

My decision to write daily wasn't a New Year's Resolution. It was something I simply determined to make a part of what I am considering the third stage of my career. 

Stage One was Youth Pastor. 

Stage Two was English Teacher, eventually at a Christian school. 

And Stage Three is ... 

I don't exactly know yet.

But here is what I do know: I started out after college as a Minister. Then I became a Minister AND a Teacher. Now I think I am supposed to be a Minister and a Teacher and an Artist. 

But the Lord has yet to reveal how those three aspects of my self are to be combined now. 

Or to what end.

So I keep praying.  


No comments:

Post a Comment