Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Monday, June 17, 2024

BIG PICTURE

It was a good Father's Day but now it's past midnight because my sleep schedule is out of whack, so I am not writing much tonight. 

I woke at 4:00 am and couldn't fall back to sleep. Unfortunately, that's not an uncommon occurrence for me these days. It often happens on a Sunday morning especially.

I suppose that means I still get anxious about preaching. I need to find ways to shut off my brain. 

Ways to cast all my worries in God's direction.

After all, what do I have to worry about? I mean, sure, there's paying the bills and keeping the cars running and health concerns. (I am currently awaiting results from an MRI to see if surgery will be in my near future.)

But in the Big Picture? I am blessed and I am secure and all is well.

Holidays like Father's Day have a way of bringing us back to an awareness of the Big Picture, good or bad.

Mine is good, by God's grace.

I had the prettier half of my 4 kids with me this particular Father's Day. After worship, we realized that we were all color-coordinated, so Grandma Trudy took a photo for us:



No comments:

Post a Comment