Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Monday, April 8, 2024

LOOKING UP

The moon passed in front of the sun today - at least from our perspective here in Columbus, Indiana. 

I turn 56 this week and in my lifetime I had never experienced a solar eclipse in "totality" until today.

It was an interesting couple of hours for Melissa and me as we sat in the backyard watching the moon slowly get in and then out of the way of the sun's normal business. 

Our retinas remain intact - we used our official solar eclipse glasses throughout, except for the 3 minutes and 46 seconds of totality.

It certainly made for a more interesting than normal Monday afternoon. And I guess I might even use the word "fascinating" to describe the experience, but it did not leave me wanting to make travel plans to wherever in the world the next path of totality will fall. 

I will be curious to hear what other people made of it all. If nothing else, it was nice to have something bigger than ourselves that pulled people out of their houses and offices and brought us all together for a short time.

And had us all looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment