Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Wednesday, April 3, 2024

DISSERTATION MILESTONE

After five months of saying, "I've got to finish this", today I did it - I finished the prospectus for my dissertation.

If you're not familiar with the terminology, the prospectus is simply the proposal for the topic I want to study and my approach to the project overall. It was 13 pages plus 3 pages of bibliography. 

It will need to be accepted by my academic advisor and I hear first drafts rarely are, so I anticipate needing to make some revisions before my project is formerly approved. The question is how extensive those revisions will be.

(I have no Plan B if the whole idea gets shot down, so I am praying my prospectus is well-received.)

Although this milestone represents several months of blowing past self-imposed deadlines, I feel encouraged because I have reached the starting line and I am excited about the work to come. That fact alone is worth celebrating. I don't know how I would be able to complete my degree work this next year if I didn't have enthusiasm for it.

As far as I can tell, this dissertation is the main reason the Lord opened this door of doctorate work through Wesley Biblical Seminary three years ago. 

I am eager now to walk through it and I am curious as to what waits on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment