Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Saturday, November 18, 2023

THIS BLOG'S GREATEST ACCOMPLISHMENT

Next month I will be completing three years of writing (almost) daily here. I guess I am "proud" of that accomplishment and it has improved my writing and editing skills.

And that's been valuable to me.

But as far as having eternal value to the Kingdom goes, the greatest accomplishment of this little blog has been playing a not-insignificant role in introducing two individual missionaries to Cap Haitien Christian School. And they are both currently serving there.

The first, Kacie, has been there many years now! 

The second just arrived in country two weeks ago: Joel Zizi is there to teach 6th grade through 9th English and PE. 

Tonight he sent me his first photo-packed newsletter from the field and two things struck me:
  1. He looks like a natural fit in the classroom. And in Haiti in general. 
  2. I am homesick for Haiti.
Tomorrow is Vertieres Day - a national holiday in Haiti. It's the day all the missionaries always made our substitute Thanksgiving. We have so many great memories of November 18ths in Haiti in particular. 

I miss it dearly!

If you have a heart for Haiti and want to support either of the two missionaries this blog has had a small hand in getting to Cap Haitien Christian School, you can go to their support pages by clicking on their names below:


I know they both are doing great work for God's Kingdom and both could use a little extra financial support.

No comments:

Post a Comment