Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Sunday, November 12, 2023

GOD IS GOOD

You have probably heard this short back and forth repeated during a worship service:

    Leader: "God is good."

    People: "All the time."

    Leader: "All the time."

    People: "God is good."

I used to roll my eyes at preachers who would make weekly use of this mantra. I thought it was so simple and so obvious that I couldn't imagine any reason to repeat it. 

But these days I am convinced that God the Father has a PR problem. 

But it's not of His own making.

I suppose it is a result of our shame and guilt, but we imagine God to be angry, vindictive, and demanding. We only avoid the burn of His wrath and disappointment from day to day because - thankfully - He is also standoffish and distant. 

But what if God is much kinder, more loving, more gentle and patient and compassionate and ... simply GOOD than we tend to give Him credit for?

I am beginning to think believers cannot be reminded often enough: God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment