Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Tuesday, November 7, 2023

THE JOYS OF CAR OWNERSHIP PART 2

Lesson #4: "Persist in Prayer". 

And her father returned to the park the next morning with a leaf blower and persistent prayer. 

And after several hours of searching, when he found the one and only key to her cute little VW convertible, he screamed "Yes!" and called to a sweet older couple walking close by, "Rejoice with me for I have found the key which had been lost!"

And the older couple kindly obliged.


And I literally cried. And not just because I knew I wasn't going to have to pay hundreds of dollars to break into Sarah's car, have it towed somewhere, and then have a key made from scratch.

It was because I learned some things about prayer today.

Which in itself, at the metalevel, was an answer to my persistent prayer for the last few months - "Lord, teach me how to pray."


(P.S. It is still a mystery how the key fob fell off the key ring in the first place. There's no readily apparent rational explanation.)


No comments:

Post a Comment