Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Saturday, March 18, 2023

THE BOTTOM LINE

Here's a bad take on the importance of youth ministry within the church.

I once worked as a youth pastor under a senior minister who told me - to my face and on more than one occasion:

"I don't even know why we employ a youth pastor. After all, you work with ... what? Ten or maybe twenty percent of the congregation? And they are ten percent who DON'T PAY TITHES."

At least I knew exactly where I and the teens of the church stood with him!

This man had no filter on his mouth, obviously. 

I can't imagine another pastor on the planet saying what he said, but how many pastors think it? 

And, more generally, how often do we make ministry decisions based on the bottom line?

No comments:

Post a Comment