Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Tuesday, March 7, 2023

DAMNED IF YOU DO

My next paper is due a week from tomorrow. It's all about the various critical theories (Critical Race Theory, Fat Theory, Queer Theory, etc.), their roots, and how the Church can address the social injustices that they seek to address.

I am kind of stuck because I am very pessimistic about the church's ability to make any postmodern social justice warrior happy. 

Believe me, I know - I have gotten entangled with one before. When the starting point is that I am automatically racist because I am white*, there is absolutely nothing I can do to satisfy that person. 

When I moved to Haiti to serve as a teacher, apparently, it was out of a sense of superiority and a chance to feed my ego as a "white savior". 

And this was the perspective of a professing Christian! 

What a load of ... cynical "mind reading". 

But there was no convincing her she was wrong. And this is the way with the postmodern social justice warriors. 

It is the epitome of the "damned if you do and damned if you don't" situation. If I ignore the problems of Haiti, they will say I am racist. If I move my family to Haiti to help, it's because I am racist.

How do you even engage someone who believes that sort of garbage?


*I am actually beige. 

1 comment: