Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Tuesday, March 21, 2023

HALFWAY

I am officially at the halfway point with my doctorate program. Three semesters down and one more to go before one year of labor on the dissertation. 

I have to admit that the semester I just finished was perhaps my least favorite. It wasn't that the teaching was subpar - my professors were both incredible. The topics were both interesting to me. The only problem was that one class - on world religions - was not particularly relevant to me and the other - on postmodernism, Critical Theory, and woke ideology - was depressing as all get out.

Starting in April, I have my two final classes: a preaching class and a hermeneutics class (a $5 word for study of Scripture). 

With my recent launch into the world of weekly preaching, these topics could not be any more relevant to my life, both now and into the foreseeable future. 

I am pumped. Amazon has delivered 7 of the 10 books I need over the last three days and I am wishing I had hours on end to devote to consuming them.

I entered this doctorate program because I felt God's leading, and He provided the How, so I didn't demand an explanation of  the Why. With each passing semester, I get closer to finding out what all this has been about. 

And I have a growing conviction that in the end, God's revealing of His Why is going to knock my socks off!

No comments:

Post a Comment