Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Thursday, March 30, 2023

ENTROPY

Last week our washing machine finally gave out. It served us well - even if noisily - for 16 years. 

Given enough time, things fall apart. 

Meanwhile, I am rapidly approaching my 55th birthday. My eyes are weak and my left ear gives me muffled reception and I am overdue for a colonoscopy. (Scared what THAT might discover.) 

Entropy is a fact of the universe. Growing old is a daily battle of coming to grips with the unhurried power of entropy firsthand. 

The only way to slow entropy is to add energy to a system. With effort, it can be slowed ... but not ultimately stopped. And certainly not reversed.

Except for one place.

Your spirit!

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day."       - 2 Corinthians 4:16

This is good news. 

No comments:

Post a Comment