Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Thursday, February 23, 2023

OFF THE ROOF

On a recent Sunday afternoon the temperatures were pleasant - for February - and I decided I'd take advantage by climbing onto the roof of our house to remove the Christmas lights. 

Now, my wife worries about me being up there - and for good reason. I did fall about 5 feet off the stepladder a couple of years ago and messed up my shoulder pretty good. 

So I was trying to get the chore done before Melissa and Sarah left for a few hours of clothes shopping in Indianapolis. I didn't want to risk plunging to my death when nobody was around to clean up the mess. 

The task taking more time than expected, I was still up there when my wife and daughter pulled out of the drive. 

Thankfully, within ten minutes I had finished without incident and I figured it would be considerate of me to let my wife know I was safely back on solid ground. 

But I couldn't resist turning my announcement into a dad joke.

Knowing Melissa would be driving and not checking her phone, I sent the following picture to Sarah's number, with the caption: "Let your mom know I am off the roof ..."


Her response made my day:


Ginger is our Haitian street dog.




No comments:

Post a Comment