Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Friday, February 24, 2023

LAUGHING

I am increasingly fascinated by the way the human brain works.

When I sent that photo of me on the ground (see yesterday's post), I laughed at my daughter's response because

1) It's super sweet that she was immediately concerned for my well being and ...

2) It didn't even cross her mind to question how I got a photo of myself falling from the roof.

But I assure you, I am not laughing at her. She's a bright girl. It's not a question of intelligence at all.

What amuses me about the incident is that I see it as a reflection of human nature in general. I see myself in her response: My own gullibility and the way my emotions so easily trump my critical thinking skills.

But these things are universal. We are all gullible. We all allow emotions to cancel critical thinking. 

And THAT is what makes me laugh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment