Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Monday, February 6, 2023

NO SKIPPING AHEAD

I don’t know about you, but when February rolls around, I find myself in the midst of a genuine struggle. On the one hand I recognize the spiritual necessity of being grateful for each day God gives. But on the other hand? I just want winter to be OVER. 

So I am tempted to wish time away.

Can't we just skip ahead to spring?

I don't suppose it was JUST February that the Apostle Paul had in mind when he advised, “Look carefully how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil.” (Eph 5:15-16 ESV) 

The Lord would have us remember that we are living in a broken world - filled with struggles and, yes, evil. 

And in this broken world, we don't have the prerogative to wish away time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment