Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Sunday, September 4, 2022

STRUGGLE

I might have mentioned before that recently I have been working on a little book about salvation. I spent a good chunk of this rainy Saturday writing, rearranging, and revising.

The document is over 6,000 words now.

That's about 21 pages in Word, single-spaced.

If it wasn't for a class and if I didn't have a deadline coming at the end of September, I might have chucked the whole thing a couple of different times today.

But in the end I was energized by the challenge of organizing the central ideas in the simplest form possible. And I learned some lessons along the way.

I always taught my English students that the writer needs to put in the effort so that the reader doesn't have to. One or the other is going to have to struggle. 

It shouldn't be the reader. 

Time will tell if I succeeded in that today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment