Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Saturday, September 24, 2022

48 HOURS

Last night I slept in a village called Akplale, and, as I suspected, I had no way to connect to internet. Emmanuel and I did have a great dinner and a great breakfast and running water and electricity, so no complaints!

It didn't bother me (too much) to break my daily writing and posting streak. Although I didn't post, I DID write plenty throughout the day - taking notes on various clients of Mission Resource across several villages. 

I haven't had a chance to edit any of my photos yet, but I wanted to give my wife and kids a sense of what I have been up to these past two days. 

In essence, Emmanuel drove me several hours from his home base here in Tema and over two days we met some of the men who help him disperse loans and collect repayments. Those men in turn introduced us to dozens of the clients who are making good use of Mission Resource loans. We met small-scale pepper farmers, chicken ranchers, tailors, mat weavers, barbers, restaurant owners, taxi drivers, and shop owners. 

It has been an inspiring experience and I will have plenty more to say about these individuals in the future.

But since Emmanuel is driving me an hour and a half to church in the morning before we continue on up north a few hours, I am heading to bed.

So just a few photos for tonight, in no particular order, but it's fitting to at least start with a pic of Emmanuel:






















No comments:

Post a Comment