Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Wednesday, September 14, 2022

GEOGRAPHY

It’s 9:30 pm at La Guardia airport in New York and I am sitting down after strolling the length of the concourse to peruse every conceivable type of sandwich – none cheaper than $15.

I have decided tonight is a good time to fast from everything but the peanut butter protein bars I brought with me.

I have about 3 hours before my flight is scheduled to leave for Accra, Ghana. It will take a little over 10 hours over the Atlantic to reach the West Coast of Africa.

And that reminds me …

I have been trying to narrow my focus to one person whom I can imagine as my audience as I reflect on this next three weeks. And I think I came up with the perfect candidate:

Me, one year ago.

********

In that vein, you should know that Accra is Ghana’s capital and largest city, boasting 5.5 million souls in the larger metropolitan area. The official language of Ghana is English, but 50 indigenous languages are spoken across the country.




There you go, Steve - now you know!


No comments:

Post a Comment