Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Sunday, May 22, 2022

A FATHER'S PLEASURE

As a father, I find great joy in seeing my kids experience great joy.

In recent weeks I have thoroughly enjoyed 
  • Watching Sarah sing and dance on stage.
  • Watching Samuel interact with new friends.
  • Watching Hannah plant flowers in pottery she created this semester.

And lately ... seeing photos of Caleb.

Caleb is in Florence, Italy for a couple of weeks for a study abroad experience.

He just finished a hard semester that was part of a tough year that was part of a difficult college experience so far. 

But now - for a short time - he is climbing the Tower of Pisa, touring the Roman Coliseum, and eating gelato. 

I simply cannot describe how elated I am to see these photos and that big smile on his face. 

In fact, standing beside him in St. Peter's Square might honestly bring me only slightly more pleasure than I am feeling from afar. 








It might do each of us a lot of good to contemplate now and then how there must be times in our lives when our heavenly Father takes great pleasure in watching what we are up to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment