Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Thursday, September 9, 2021

THE DOWNSIDE OF POTENTIAL

When I was growing up, Frank and Ernest was a staple on the comics page of The Shelbyville News. It wasn't my favorite, but it was dependable for a chuckle.

Since Shelbyville was far in the rear view mirror by then, I don't remember where I came across this particular panel in 2000, but the sentiment so impressed me that I still recall it 20 years later:



And not only do I RECALL it twenty years later, I am living it. 

There's nothing wrong with being an 8th grade English teacher, but I can't shake the feeling that the Lord has something more in mind for the decades (?) still ahead. 

Am I the only one? How about you?

1 comment:

  1. I've felt this way for years. I want a job that helps people, but my job helps pay for raising all these kids, who need help. I haven't found a solution that does both yet. But maybe I'm exactly where I am supposed to be. I just don't know.

    ReplyDelete