Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Sunday, September 26, 2021

NO NAP TODAY

My goal this Friday night and Saturday night was to go to bed within a half hour of my newly firm weekday bedtime of 10:00 PM. I almost made it: I was in bed shortly before 11:00 both nights. That was close enough, apparently. 

Saturday morning I woke up feeling refreshed at 6:00 AM. And today I woke up at 5:10. Both mornings I enjoyed a quiet cup of coffee, some Scripture time, and some reading in You Are What You Love. This morning, I still had plenty of time to make breakfast (Caleb was home for the weekend) and get showered and dressed and still make it on time to first service at 9:00. 

Not only that, but this was the first Sunday morning in a very long time that I have not fought the urge to nod off during our church service. I am just now recognizing that my Sunday morning weariness was no reflection on the quality of the music or preaching in the least and it had nothing to do with the dim lighting in the sanctuary (just one of my excuses!) - it was always just an indicator that I was not managing my sleep well enough.

I made an important discovery today: The only thing better than a Sunday afternoon nap is NOT NEEDING a Sunday afternoon nap.


No comments:

Post a Comment