Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Thursday, September 23, 2021

SLEEP HABIT UPDATE

For the last three nights I have successfully gotten myself into bed at 10:00 PM on the dot. It's a little early to draw firm conclusions, I know, but I have been so encouraged by my experience that I am anxious to share already.

For the past three mornings I have woken up ten to twenty minutes before my alarm, set for 5:15 AM. I am finding my mornings to be more productive: I am moving faster, sooner. At least two of the last three mornings, I have been able to get 15 to 20 minutes of real exercise in before school. And both Tuesday and today after school I had enough energy to get out for a two and a half mile run. 

Before this week, I would often plop myself onto the couch as soon as I got home. Some days I would nap.

At school, I have been feeling sharper throughout the day. More importantly, I have been more upbeat, more optimistic, and more patient. 

Part of my motivation for experimenting with a more regular sleep habit was from hearing someone on a podcast point out how our sleep - good or bad - affects every other area of our lives: energy, attitude, job performance, exercise, spirituality, and relationships. It made sense to me.

Now I am proving it to myself and I like what I am seeing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment