Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Monday, September 20, 2021

SLEEP IS A HABIT

One habit I haven't quite established with regularity yet: a good sleep pattern. In particular, I struggle to get to bed at a regular time early enough to provide ample sleep.

I get out of bed between 5 and 5:30 each morning, so my wake up is pretty regular. I like the quiet house in the morning. 

It doesn't necessarily feel like I accomplish much before leaving the house at 7:00, but when I stop to reflect, it is actually fairly substantial: drinking coffee (that's the easy part), showering, exercising a bit, cooking some breakfast, packing my lunch, reading Scripture and sometimes cleaning up the kitchen. 

So now I just need to work on my bedtime routine and whip it into shape. Most nights I only get about six hours of sleep and I think I need more. 

And it seems to me that sleep is crucial for every other aspect of life. How can one be physically, emotionally, and spiritually healthy and on target throughout the day without enough sleep?

I am rambling here, attempting to talk myself into starting a strict 10 pm bedtime. 

Perhaps I will experiment and make it a weeklong habit and see if it makes enough of a difference to motivate me to make it permanent. 

If I hurry, I can start tonight ...

No comments:

Post a Comment