Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Friday, September 10, 2021

50% CAPACITY?

The human brain is not fully developed until age 26. (I read it on the internet, so it must be true!)

I don't mean to be unkind, but doesn't that mean my 8th graders - on average, 13 years old - are functioning at 50% capacity?

Yesterday I asked a class whether or not they were planning to go on to college someday.

One student blurted out, "No way!"

It caught me off guard, so I asked for his reasoning.

Here it is: "Why would I choose to go on to college when I already hate junior high so much?!"

Apparently, in his mind, college is simply junior high on steroids. 

I wonder if he has ever pondered why so many people would willingly pay $40,000 per year for Extended Junior High. 

No comments:

Post a Comment