Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Wednesday, March 3, 2021

WHO DO YOU TRUST?

 After carefully observing the media over recent years, I am currently experiencing a crisis of confidence when it comes to national news. I really don't know who to trust anymore. 

I used to simply believe the things I would read in a newspaper or see on the evening news. Now, my typical reaction to a news report - any report from any news outlet - is the following: "I wonder how much of that is true". This thought is quickly followed by "I doubt I will ever know for sure". 

Now I don't even trust my own judgment about how objective, thorough or discerning any particular outlet or individual reporter might be. How can I possibly measure their objectivity? 

The number of distortions and misrepresentations continues to multiply while retractions and mea culpas have become endangered species. 

Which leads to a valid but unanswerable question: who factchecks the factcheckers? 

It has left me a little discombobulated. 

If there is a silver lining to my loss of trust in the news media, it is a new appreciation of the uniqueness of Jesus's claim to BE truth.  

No comments:

Post a Comment