Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Friday, March 19, 2021

NOBODY TO WORRY

We wrapped up our Myrtle Beach trip this morning, checked out a few minutes before 10 and hit the road. It was cold and dreary, and I was thankful - making it easier to leave.  After about 5 hours on the road, we re-evaluated our plans to spread the drive over two days and found that the four of us were unanimous in our desire to sleep in our own beds tonight. 

So we pushed through, making it to our own front door by 11:00 pm after an uneventful day of travel. 

The dogs were so excited to see us that they both lost their breath and started wheezing. Sad!

Samuel and I dragged the suitcases in from the car. Melissa unloaded the food from the cooler into the refrigerator. And then ... I didn't have anyone to call.

Mom has been gone for a year and a half now and it is always these moments when I and/or the family arrive somewhere safely that I find myself very aware of her absence.

I want to call her and say, "I just wanted you to know we made it home safely" so that she could reply, "I appreciate that. You know I worry."

No comments:

Post a Comment