Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Friday, March 12, 2021

INTERMITTENT FASTING

Someone has described "intermittent fasting" as American-Fitness-Guru Speak for "skipping breakfast", but it is a bit more than that. In essence, it is eating only within the time boundaries of a specified window each day. So, for example, eating nothing before 11:00 AM and then nothing after 7:00 PM, but eating normally during the 8 hours between. 

It's a simple idea and I find it a useful practice now and then. It reminds me of three basic truths that apply far beyond diet considerations:

1) Hunger pangs are uncomfortable, but not fatal. 

2) I find that my willpower can more easily handle cutting out my consumption of food entirely (for a short time) than cutting back on my consumption all day long. It's no contest, in fact.

3) Self-control is a muscle that grows stronger with exercise.


No comments:

Post a Comment