Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Tuesday, March 9, 2021

NO DRAGGING

As I said goodnight to Sarah Sunday night, the last night before our last week of classes before a full week of spring break, I found myself lamenting to her, "I sure don't look forward to going to school tomorrow. This week is going to absolutely drag by." 

Since I've been thinking over the last few days about how I routinely exercise authority over my hands without even conscious thought, I decided this might make for a worthwhile experiment to see how exercising a little extra authority over my other thoughts might impact my day.

So yesterday morning, on my way to school, I vowed to banish the negative attitude and muster some extra energy. I decided that I wouldn't look forward just to 3:00 pm on Friday. I told myself, instead, that something good was going to happen sometime this week - before Friday afternoon - and I could look forward each day to the possibility of that good thing being revealed.

I haven't found out what that good thing is yet, but I can guarantee the first two days of the week have been a lot more pleasant than I expected. 40% of the week has passed already!

No comments:

Post a Comment