Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 80 - Chia Pet and Clay Buffalo Skull (Give)

I had several of the students over last night to watch a movie.  I am directing a production of "12 Angry Jurors" this spring.  We've started practices and they are supposed to have Act I memorized by this coming Wednesday.  If you aren't familiar with the play, it is based on a 1957 movie, "12 Angry Men", starring Henry Fonda. 

I have to tell you, my cast is quite the mix of ... remarkable individuals.  They are something else.  I learned so much last night - mostly things I didn't want to know!  From day to day, I manage to keep my ears 99% free of all the faculty and student gossip that flies around a school building on a regular basis.  So after the teens left the house (most of them had spent more time texting than watching the movie), I was tempted to do a Sargeant Shultz as I closed the door and declare, "I know nothing. NOTHING!"  (That's a Hogan's Heroes allusion, in case you missed it.)

Anyway, before they all showed up, I ran out to the storage shed and pulled in another box because I figured I could find something quickly to Give.  I found a Chia head and a buffalo skull I had made out of clay in high school.  Alex got the Chia and David took the skull. 

David cracked me up - he wanted to make sure I was really willing to part with that thing!  "Are you sure you don't want to take this with you to Haiti?"

Yeah, pretty darn sure.

Here they are:

No comments:

Post a Comment