Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 63 - Wabash College Yearbook (Throw)

I found a Wabash College yearbook for 1989 (my Junior year) among the junk Russ gave me from the old house.  I hope I didn't pay money for that trash.  It was the junkiest yearbook I've ever seen - all black-and-white, no individual head shots and random picture spreads which included three guys urinating on certain Wabash property and a close-up of a condom package!  Besides, I wasn't even on campus my Junior year - I was at the University of Aberdeen, Scotland, that year.

I also tossed out quite a bit of the papers and information from my year in Scotland and similar stuff from a summer (1987) I spent at a Goodwill Camp in Massachusetts called Camp Morgan.  I will have to tell you about that summer another time.

I did, however, decide to keep the Wabash yearbook from my Senior year - at least for now.  It was of much better quality than the other.  And I kept it even though it has this picture of me:





Laugh at my hair
if you must,
but at least it
didn't look like ...








This guy's, or ...











This guy's, or...








God forbid ...





THIS guy's!!

(Who once got me into trouble with administration for some writing he published under the name of the Wabash Inter Varsity Christian Fellowship while I was the presiding officer of that group!)




I like to think that I have grown better and wiser with age.  Besides, Melissa no longer allows me to grow my hair out beyond an inch and a half...

No comments:

Post a Comment