Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Saturday, September 30, 2023

UNDONE

I wanted to finish the final assignment of my doctorate program, a 10 page paper on integrating preaching with the other elements of a worship service.

My intention was to turn in my paper by midnight, no matter how lame it might be.

But a second option kept distracting me ...

Maybe I could just skip the paper altogether.

I did the math. Currently I have a high A, so even with a big, fat, complete ZERO on the paper, I wouldn't end the semester with a grade lower than a B-. 

Tempting - Over and over again. All day long.

But in the end, neither my pride nor my sense of obligation would allow me to take Option B-.

Besides, I had already invested time in research. 

Unfortunately, the drag on my focus throughout the day left me with an unfinished paper at midnight.

Tomorrow morning I WILL finish this paper. No turning back.

I want to be done.



No comments:

Post a Comment