Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Thursday, September 28, 2023

THE BUG

Sarah - our youngest - bought a car today. It's a VW Bug and a convertible at that.

It's a milestone and she can barely contain her excitement. 


My own emotions, however, are a jumble.

On the one hand, since I am largely working from home these days, I have been the one responsible most days to pick Sarah up from school. This has meant dropping whatever I am doing at 3:15 - right smack in the middle of the afternoon - and driving 15 minutes to her school and back. 

For work flow, it has been a true nuisance. 

On the other hand, it has been a father/daughter time which I have enjoyed, catching up on her experiences at school. Having my little girl as a captive audience each day for 15 minutes has been priceless. 

To see that end is nearly unbearable. 

This is the nature of parenting. 

We have a few more days or perhaps even weeks before my pick up duties will end. She doesn't have the car in hand yet nor does she have her official license. But both are coming soon.

I will try not to think about it. 


P.S. Sarah, like her siblings before her, bought her first car with her own money. It represents hours and hours of scooping ice cream at Zaharako's. Melissa and I are proud of her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment