Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Tuesday, September 26, 2023

IGNORANCE ON FIRE

"Ignorance on fire is better than knowledge on ice." - Dr. Ivan Misner

I heard this quote today on a podcast and it stuck with me. Misner is the founder of BNI - Business Network International and so his audience is entrepreneurs.

But it seems applicable to one's spiritual life as well. 

When it comes to theology, we really have no choice but to move forward in ignorance. 

The other day I heard a pastor promoting a six-week study he had created for church groups called The Whole Truth about God.

In six weeks! Whatever the price tag is, if he can deliver, I want to buy it.

But I am not optimistic.

None of us knows the WHOLE truth about God.

If we wait until we have our theology perfect before we can call ourselves Christian, then none of us are Christians.

I love the story of "the man born blind" in John 9:

The Pharisees interrogate him - twice - about his miraculous healing and what Jesus exactly did to bring it about.

V.25 "Give glory to God by telling the truth," they said. "We know this man (Jesus) is a sinner."

And the formerly blind man shoots back, "Whether he is a sinner or not, I don't know. One thing I do know. I was blind but now I see!"

What? He was healed without having all of his propositional truth ducks in a row?

Is that possible?


No comments:

Post a Comment