Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Monday, September 25, 2023

JOHN AND HELL

It's after midnight and we just got home from the airport. Travel days and packed weekends are both tiring, so I will keep this short.

We had an hour and 40 minute flight from Dallas to Indy this evening and since I didn't have anything downloaded to watch on my phone and I didn't want to turn a light on to read a book, I decided to read straight through the Gospel of John.

It's an interesting experience to read through large chunks of the Bible in one sitting. I try to put aside my assumptions and notice what is really there on the page.

And also what is not there.

Most significant omission that struck me tonight? Unless I missed it, in the entire Gospel of John, Jesus says zilch about hell. He talks about "perishing" apart from Him at least twice that I noticed, but nothing about fire or worms or gnashing of teeth. 

I may be wrong. If you've seen it there, please point out the verses to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment