Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Sunday, October 16, 2022

SPARED

I was driving my daughter Sarah to Dairy Queen about an hour ago to meet a couple of her friends. 

In the dark, in my peripheral vision, I saw a car rapidly approaching my street from the right. In a flash, a teenage girl pulled into the path of our Traverse as she made a left hand turn. 

She had not paused a second, much less come to a complete stop. She seemed to assume the street would be clear of oncoming traffic. 

I hit my brakes and punched my horn. 

My headlights briefly gave Sarah and me a clear look at this young lady's reaction as she zipped in front of us, narrowly avoiding getting t-boned.

She was laughing.

If I had not seen her bonehead move coming, that girl would be in the emergency room right now. No doubt about it. 

I wonder how often God spares us the immediate consequences of our own mistakes?  

There is no way for us to ever know in this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment